Just a little bit of prep is all it takes to enjoy savory flavor! This pulled pork slow cooker recipe is a crowd pleaser. It will also give you a lot of leftovers, so you can use the meat to test out our best taco recipes, enchilada recipes or quesadilla recipes too.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Rojo
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (4-pound) FARMER JOHN® Bone-In Pork Picnic Roast
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeño cut in half and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 orange, juiced
- Rinse and dry pork shoulder.
- In small mixing bowl, combine dried oregano, ground cumin, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Rub spice mixture on pork.
- Place pork in slow cooker (fat cap up) and top with onion, jalapeño and garlic cloves.
- Pour enchilada sauce and orange juice over top.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Meat should be tender and falling off bone (USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145ºF for pork).
- Carefully remove pork from slow cooker, reserving liquid, and let cool slightly. Shred pork using two forks.
- Skim off fat from liquid remaining in slow cooker and discard.
- Pour 1 cup juices over shredded pork and mix to combine.