Ideal for those big buffet dinners and get-togethers, this steak taco recipe is easy-to-do and better-to-eat. Easy to prep. Just line up the tacos and let you happy guests go.
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/3 cup ancho or chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- For Avocado Salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- For Serving:
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Heat the grill to high.
- In small mixing bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder, dry mustard, oregano and cayenne. Rub spice mixture liberally on both sides of steaks. Allow steaks to sit at room temperature 10 minutes to absorb flavors of spice rub.
- Meanwhile, make avocado salsa by combining LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, diced avocado, red onion, lime juice and chopped cilantro in mixing bowl. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Grill steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, turning once. Remove steaks from grill and allow them to rest 5 minutes; slice steaks thinly (against grain, for tenderness).
- Warm tortillas by placing on grill 30 seconds on each side.
- Place sliced steak, warm tortillas, shredded cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges, queso freso and avocado salsa on buffet and let guests assemble their own tacos.