A tasty—and nutritious—twist on the classic burger! Made with JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey, ripe avocado, and creamy salsa, these grilled turkey lettuce wraps make for a guilt-free meal that’s sure to satisfy everyone at the table.
Turkey Burger Wraps with Creamy Salsa Sauce
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Medium Thick n’ Chunky Salsa, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 6” flour tortillas
- Combine the ground turkey, ½ cup of salsa, cumin, cilantro, breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, mix well and form into 4 ½-inch thick patties.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add burger patties to hot skillet. Cook approximately 14 to 16 minutes, flipping 3 times. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Combine the Greek yogurt and other half of salsa in a small mixing bowl. To assemble, spread creamy salsa sauce down center of tortilla, then cut turkey burger in half and place on top of sauce. Top with lettuce leaves and sliced avocado and a little more sauce on top.