These colorful skewers made with JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey are both delicious and nutritious—and perfect for backyard barbecues! Served with green, garlicky chimichurri sauce, a staple in kitchens south of the border.
Turkey Meatball & Zucchini Ribbon Skewers
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Medium Thick n’ Chunky Salsa, divided
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 zucchini, sliced into long, thin ribbons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup packed basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Combine the turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and egg in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- To make chimichurri, combine the parsley, basil, chives and garlic in the food processor. Pulse until finely minced. Add the vinegar and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
- Roll the ground turkey mixture into 1 ounce meatballs. Thread the meatballs onto the bamboo skewers, alternating with zucchini ribbons that have been accordion-folded into thirds. For each skewer, use 6 zucchini ribbons (2 at a time) alternating with 2 meatballs. Brush skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the skewers for 10 to 12 minutes, turning often. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Serve skewers with chimichurri sauce.