Colorful and topped with a zesty Cilantro Lime Dressing, this lite salad is full of flavor and nutrition with veggies, avocado and LA VICTORIA® Salsa.
Vegetarian Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black, kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick'N Chunky Salsa
- 4 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 cups crushed LA VICTORIA™ Tortilla Chips
- Sliced avocado and lime wedges for garnish
- Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes until golden brown. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring often, until just golden. Add corn and sauté 3 minutes longer. Add brown rice, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook until heated through. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine fresh tomato, beans, cilantro and LA VICTORIA® Thick’N Chunky Salsa. Use blender to combine Cilantro Lime Dressing ingredients.
- Toss lettuce in large salad bowl with enough dressing to coat. Top with rice mixture, tomato mixture, shredded cheese, crushed LA VICTORIA™ Tortilla Chips and garnish with lime wedges.